New to my site? Here is a taster of what’s served up here.
Getting financially motivated
My aim with Monevator is to explore how we can think better about money.
- Why passive index funds are best for most people
- To retire early, set an income goal
- 10 eternally true steps to financial freedom
- Series: Growing your salary
Dip a toe into these articles if you’re new to investing.
- What should a new investor be told to do?
- Nine easy to manage ETF portfolios for UK investors
- The secret to investing when stock markets are falling
- Seven things you probably don’t know about Warren Buffett
- Buy government bonds – eventually
- Why investing overseas diversifies your portfolio
- Beware the lure of the exotic
Articles for more experienced investors
Most people shouldn’t stray beyond trackers and ETFs – but alas, I do.
- How to run your portfolio like a hedge fund
- Why you should consider small caps
- Series: Investing in corporate bonds
- How the rich preserve their wealth
- Creating an Ivy League style portfolio in the UK
Off-beat articles about money
Sometimes I go a little crazy.
- Do great investors live longer?
- How talking about money is like French kissing
- Keep it simple, stupid
- Who’s your Star Wars money hero?
Getting down to specifics
While this isn’t a nuts-and-bolts blog (there are plenty of newspapers and books doing that), I sometimes go deeper into a topic.
- How to get an income from investment trusts
- Should you rent or buy your home?
- Grow your income with dividends from high-yield shares
- How to buy and own pure gold with Bullion Vault
Commentary (taking aim at financial buffoonery)
Sometimes somebody’s got to say it. On my site, that’s me.
- Financial advisers: Swindlers and leeches
- Wall Street gave us this mess. Wall Street must pay for it
- Young? Renting? You’re being shafted by the government
- The housing bubble: Blame Andy Warhol
- Why blogging for money will not make you rich
UK focused articles
A lot of Monevator is applicable wherever you live in the world. But I’m based in the UK, and readers here will find certain articles of particular interest.
- Avoiding capital gains tax
- Northern Rock nationalised: A nation in hock to a bubble
- Selecting shares for your high-yield portfolio
- Using Exchange Traded Funds to diversify your portfolio
I’ll be updating this page in the months ahead. If you subscribe to my site (it’s free: learn more) you won’t miss a thing!