My regular roundup of decent reads.
I have to get stuck right in this week as I’ve a crazy early train to catch. (I’m off to a rain lashed house in the provinces to kitten-sit. Really).
Hope you enjoy some of the following articles, and thanks as every for stopping by.
Views from the blogs
- Calculating real estate returns [good comments!] – Oblivious Investor
- Technological revolution raises the tide – Investing Caffeine
- From Peak Oil to Depression – Simple in Suffolk
- Who cares what others think? – The Munro Blog
- Automate your savings – Moolanomy
- Clean and cheap fruit and veg – Len Penzo
- Am I living in a parallel universe? – Financial Samurai
- Metaphors of mind and money – The Psy-Fi blog
- Four fund metrics that hurt – Amateur Asset Allocator
- What to do with a windfall – Wealth Pilgrim (by SVB)
Articles from the big boys
- A mirage, not a miracle (on banking) – The Economist
- Hong Kong’s economy: End of the experiment – The Economist
- How compulsory annuities will be scrapped – Motley Fool
- Cameron to back BP in the US [now well is capped?] – FT
- Beware of advisers pitching offshore bonds – FT
- Reading the investment cycle clock – FT
- Funds investing in agriculture – FT
- House prices to fall by 20% by 2012 – Telegraph
- Bolton on China and double dips – Telegraph
- Refund late tube journeys with a click – Independent
Want to get a reading list every Saturday? Subscribe!