Hello! I am away from my desk this week. I hope this automated email finds you well.
- If you want to know how to manage your time better, please press one.
- If you have a query about whether active funds as a group can beat index funds, please press two.
- If you are believe your own home isn’t an investment or even an asset, please press three.
- Think financial freedom sounds ineffably f-ing cool? You’re right. Press four.
- In 2007 when this blog was a baby I reviewed of one of the books that made me. Press five to learn which one!
- Talking of the good old days, in 2013 I noticed politics was taking a turn for the inexpert. Gasp at Margaret Thatcher’s Childish Children on six.
- What’s that? You’ve £1,000 to tuck away for a year (with some extra risk over normal cash savings) in return for a £100 special bonus? And an affiliate payment to me from RateSetter? Press seven!
- I missed a wonderful explanation from Oblivious Investor last week on why share prices are still volatile in an efficient market. Press eight for brain food.
- Do you realize a mortgage is just money rented from a bank? Press nine if not.
- Finally, if you’re not yet a millionaire, find out how and when you can change this on ten.
It’s a busy world out there, so thanks as ever for reading and subscribing to Monevator.
Thank you for a great early laugh this weekend. The style made me snort into my morning tea, and the content was a good reminder of the constancy of some issues.
Enjoy your break! But don’t forget to come back 😉
Haha, thanks both!
Good to read some of the older posts – the one on Thatcher was very interesting, even more so after 5 years.
Very good in automating your blog. I am planning to do that when I’m on paternity leave for a month – 10 blogs on personal family finances to come out every few days. But of course, you’ve got such a strong back catalogue, you can put out links for months on what you’ve already done!
I’ve been reading this blog for a few weeks now and I really enjoy it. There are some great articles here. Thanks for highlighting those previous posts, will definitely have a look. Enjoy the break!