Good reading from around the Web.
With apologies to the authors below, there is only one must-read this weekend, and that’s Warren Buffett’s annual letter to shareholders.
Unfortunately I can’t yet link to it directly. The letter goes live today, Saturday, at 8am EST, which is 2pm in the UK. That’s after the posting time of this article and its associated email.
And I’ll be at least a pint into the Six Nations rugby by then!
To grab the PDF for yourselves after 8am EST / 2pm GMT, head to the Berkshire Shareholder Letter archive. This year’s letter will be marked ‘2011’.
You can expect to hear some reflections on Buffett’s latest thoughts here on Monevator, soon enough.
But if you can’t wait, here’s a few articles on Buffett from our archive.
Money and investing blogs
- Box wine, Facebook, and PEG Ratios – Investing Caffeine
- Bonus culture at the root of our economic problems – iii blog
- What did you do when the market was down? – The Finance Buff
- Growth stocks or value stocks for young investors ?- Oblivious Investor
- Pay off the mortgage or invest? A win-win question – Mr Money Mustache
- Investing and gambling: Can you tell the difference? – UK Value Investor
- 4 frugal but unconventional dining spots – Len Penzo
- Jeremy Grantham’s new shareholder letter [PDF] – GMO (@ZeroHedge)
- US investment tax changes [And I thought we had it bad!] – Rick Ferri
Deal of the week: Amazon has a Kindle Daily Deal thing going on, where they discount an eBook each day for 24 hours. The frugal blogger in me says beware. The reader in me says be choosy!
Mainstream media money
- Are index funds bad for the markets? – Wall Street Journal (& Dealbreaker)
- What do small investors need more: choice or protection? – The Economist
- Lost economic time: The Proust index – The Economist
- PIMCO’s new actively-managed bond ETF – The Economist
- GDP bonds (Trills) are a bad idea – Felix Salmon / Reuters
- Rise of high-frequency trading machines [Animation] – Macro Business
- Canadian housing bubble trouble [Long and dry!] – Macro Business
- On red-blooded risk – Institutional Investor
- Risk less and prosper – Mint.com
- Tesco: Woodford vs Buffett – Motley Fool UK
- The best US stock since the 1987 crash [Unguessable!] – BusinessWeek
- Financial firms
bleatargue RDR will prevent pension top-ups – FT
- Investment trusts beat unit trusts [With fancy interactive table!] – FT
- Online ISA charges roundup – Telegraph
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week.