There was a lot of interest among Monevator readers about Lars Kroijer’s recent talk in London.
And plenty of you turned up on the night! But of course many of you couldn’t make it.
The good news is I’ve got a recording of the talk to share with you.
The bad news is the audio quality is somewhat terrible, and certainly not as good as Lars’ laconic delivery. It’s perfectly listenable though, provided you crank up the volume and wince a bit.
Here it is (sorry, no slides):
I really enjoyed the talk – and I suggest you listen to it all – but passive purists beware there’s far more about hedge funds than passive investing.
Here’s a quick guide to the contents:
- Start-27:30 – Lars explains how he got started in finance and hedge funds
- 27:30-46.00 – A bit about his life and strategies as a hedge fund manager
- 51:20-57.10 – Let’s talk about fees
- 57.10-1.01.00 – Why Lars says you should rationally own index funds
- 1.01.01-End – What about Smart Beta? Why one global tracker?